Water can sometimes be an easy thing to forget when trying to get back on track with fitness. Many think they are consuming enough liquids, mainly water, but once they start really paying attention there is often surprise at how little they take in. Today I’m sharing how much water I try to drink on a daily basis, and how you can start consuming more too!
First off, when I started watching my diet I took out all liquids besides water, tea, coffee and the occasional night out. When I go out, I still count those into my daily food intake. I began counting my ounces of water and soon realized I do not consume enough. I decided to think of other ways to get water into my diet.
I consume around 150 ounces of water per day, many say the right amount of water is your weight in pounds = ounces of water per day. You can decide if that is too much or too little, but that seems to work well for me. In order to keep it interesting and get enough water throughout the day, I do the following. Try some of these tips for yourself!
- Drink an entire glass of water with lemon first thing in the morning (20 ounces)
- In addition to coffee, drink water with breakfast (20 ounces)
- A small glass with my pre-workout before the gym (8 ounces)
- BCAAs at the gym during my workout (24 ounces)
- With lunch, I drink a water bottle with a Crystal Light packet (16 ounces)
- Throughout the afternoon, I drink water during classes (24-48 ounces)
- With dinner, I mix water with another Crystal Light packet, or sometimes BCAAS if I am sore from a workout (20 ounces)
- Late at night, I consume tea before bed (12 ounces)
The daily total: 148 – 172 ounces
Try some of these ideas on your own, and let me know down in the comments how and when you try to sneak water into your day!